AccuLock™ Consumables were designed to address the key pains of our semi-automatic and automated MIG welding customers:
Which AccuLock Consumables Are Right for Your Welding Operation?
Based on discussions with customers in key industries, we found that MIG gun consumables challenges differed depending on the quantity and mix of welding applications in each customer’s facility (i.e. semi-automatic, robotic, fixed automatic).
If you have all semi-automatic or automated arcs, the choice of AccuLock consumables is more straightforward. However, with the increasing adoption of automated welding to address the ongoing welder shortage, many operations now have a mix of welding application types. Click on the tab below that best describes your welding applications mix to learn more:
If you are experiencing the following welding challenges, we recommend using AccuLock S nozzles, diffusers, liners, power pins and power pin caps with AccuLock contact tips:
- Erratic arc
- Short contact tip lifespan
- Excessive rework
Many of the issues above can be traced to MIG gun liners that have been trimmed to an incorrect length or that pull out of position inside the MIG gun creating gaps along the wire feed path.
If your primary issues center around a complex and costly inventory of MIG gun consumables, we recommend that you use AccuLock R consumables as a Common Consumables Platform™ across your all your semi-automatic, robotic and fixed automatic MIG guns. Issues typically experienced include:
- Frequent errors in selecting and installing replacement consumables
- High inventory carrying costs
- Pressure from Purchasing to reduce SKUs
If your primary welding challenges are specific to the different welding applications in your operation, we recommend that you use a mix of consumables:
- AccuLock S consumables on your semi-automatic arcs
- AccuLock R consumables on your robotic and fixed automatic MIG guns
- The same AccuLock contact tips can be used on all your MIG guns
For issues specific to each application, please see the All Semi-Automatic Arcs and All Automated Arcs tabs.
- Short contact tip lifespan – especially in pulse welding applications
- Contact tip cross-threading issues
- Excessive downtime for consumables replacement
- Safety issues related to climbing up to access robots or wire feeders for gun liner changes
Many of the contact tip issues above can be addressed by selecting from our AccuLock copper, chrome zirconium and HDP contact tips. Our front-loading QUICK LOAD liner system cuts liner replacement time in half and allows operators to access the robot from a safe zone in the robotic cell.